Apply for Composing in the Wilderness 2018
THE APPLICATION WINDOW FOR 2018 HAS CLOSED.
We've got a new application system this year, and we've done our best to make it really easy. Once you're ready, just click the button below to begin. The form is going to ask you to supply the following things:
- Some contact information (name, email, address, phone, etc.).
- Which Composing in the Wilderness Adventure you'd like to apply for. You can apply for one or the other, or ask to be considered for both, but you can only be a participant for one of them.
- A statement of purpose. You'll be asked to provide a statement that responds to the following prompt:
- The Fairbanks Summer Arts Festival seeks to awaken participants' inner artist; enrich lives by increasing personal and professional growth; and engage the spirit, intellect and energy in an empowering way. Share with us a statement explaining how this experience would do those things for you.
- URLs: Please be aware, we are asking you to upload the following content to an accessible online platform and provide us links. We recommend standard methods of delivering this content like Dropbox, YouTube, Google Docs, SoundCloud, etc. We will not accept any materials through email. Applicants are strongly urged to test the URL by emailing it to a friend to ensure that it works.
- URL to audio/video samples of your work. Provide us with a single URL that will provide us with NO MORE THAN FIVE MINUTES of audio or audio/visual samples. You may create a single video or audio montage of excerpts, or you can provide a link to a website or folder with individual excerpts. Please use examples that show variety and reflect your best work.
- URL to score samples. Provide a web address for a single PDF file with a sample of your scores. It can be a complete piece, or excerpts from a variety of pieces. NO MORE THAN 20 PAGES please.
- URL to professional bio. Provide us with a single URL of a professional bio, resume, or CV.
- Summary of your fitness level and experience with backcountry activities.
- Summary of any medical or dietary issues.
- Ackowlegement. We ask you to acknowledge the following payment and refund policy:
- In the event that you are selected, you will be responsible for your own transportation to Fairbanks, as well as the full registration cost of the workshop. You must make an initial payment of at least 20% of the total trip cost in November, and after February 1, this is non-refundable. The full balance must be paid in full by May 1, 2018, and no refunds will be provided after that date.
Composing in the Wilderness has a strong history of embracing diversity, and we encourage applications from composers of all ages, nationalities, and styles.
APPLICATIONS FOR 2018 ARE NO LONGER BEING ACCEPTED.
WE ANNOUNCED THE SELECTED COMPOSERS ON NOVEMBER 15.
TO RECEIVE NEWS FROM US ABOUT FUTURE OFFERINGS, PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO OUR MAILING LIST (below).